Hygiena ATP Cleaning Verification and COVID-19
In times like these, knowledge is power: how Hygiena ATP cleaning verification systems can help
Hygiena™ has been closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and the implications it has for its employees, distribution network, customers and communities. During this time they have received a multitude of questions regarding our solutions as they pertain to the situation. With their permission, we are sharing their update which explains how their ATP Cleaning Verification products work and are suggested to be used in this troubling time.
How Hygiena ATP Cleaning Verification Products Work:
- Hygiena’s cleaning verification products can tell you in as little as 10 seconds if a surface has been cleaned properly using ATP.
- ATP is an energy molecule found in all plant, animal and microbial cells. It fuels metabolic processes such as cellular reproduction, muscle contraction, plant photosynthesis, respiration in fungi, and fermentation in yeast. All organic matter (living or once-living) contains ATP, including food, bacteria, mold, and other microorganisms.
- Hygiena™ ATP testing devices contain a natural enzyme found in fireflies. This enzyme, called luciferase, produces a simple bioluminescence (light-producing) reaction when it comes into contact with ATP. Using bioluminescence technology, our ATP Meters can measure extremely low levels of ATP collected with testing devices. Measuring the amount of bioluminescence from an ATP reaction provides an excellent indication of surface cleanliness because the quantity of light generated by the reaction is directly proportional to the amount of ATP present in the sample.
Important Hygiena ATP Product Capability Information:
- ATP meters do not detect viruses
- Hygiena does not produce a virus test
- Performing ATP CleaningVerification does not guarantee removal of viruses on surfaces
- ATP Cleaning Verification should be used in conjunction with Public Health and NHS recommendations and guidelines
How Hygiena ATP Cleaning Verification Products can be used:
- To track cleaning efforts and verify they have been effective.
- To verify that high-touch areas in your facility have been cleaned properly
- To verify hand-washing has been conducted effectively
- To verify those common areas, meeting rooms, and offices have been cleaned according to standards
If you have questions about the Hygiena range of ATP products or are interested in implementing their use in your cleaning verification regime our team is happy to talk to you and advise on the best system and swabs for your need.
Please call us on 01924 444577, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or catch us on our live chat in the bottom right corner of our website!
This blog has been reproduced with permission from Hygiena. Read their full update on COVID-19 & ATP Cleaning Verification