Careers at Gem Scientific
Gem Scientific is making a name for itself as one of the leading Scientific Distribution companies in the UK based in Batley, West Yorkshire. We’ve been supplying specialist laboratory products to various industries for over 20 years. We work collaboratively with the world’s leading brands and manufacturers to offer a comprehensive range of scientific consumables, capital equipment, weighing equipment, hygiene systems and chemicals for supply into all industry and education sectors.
Our mission is to continually develop our staff, products and services we offer to exceed our customer and employee expectations. We help our customers to increase laboratory productivity by introducing them to new exciting developments in the market and providing scientific expertise, to deliver the lab equipment and consumables that our customers need to achieve their scientific goals.
Alongside qualifications and experience, we look for people who believe in what we believe in. People who enjoy coming to work each day and being part of a team who provide “results that matter” in establishing the right product that will improve our customer’s daily lives, be it improving their hygiene on-site or reducing product giveaway by installing checkweighers.
Technical Sales Manager
We are currently looking for an experienced Territory Sales Manager to be based in the UK who is passionate about leading territory sales, developing new customer relationships and driving profitable sales.
As Technical Sales Manager, you will be responsible for selling a range of specialist laboratory and life science products, rapid microbial detection and monitoring solutions, equipment, instruments, reagents and service. A BSc Hons Degree (or equivalent) within a Life Science subject or experience in Sales in a relevant field such as Microbiology, Food Science, Pathogen Testing, Nutrition or Chemistry is highly desirable. A weight preference of candidates who have actually worked a technical role within the industry and also have sales experience will be applied.
- Reporting to the National Sales Manager you will assume responsibility for management and business growth within your territory
- You will use a consultative approach to selling using your expertise in the Scientific field to offer technical advice and solutions whilst driving new customer conversions and managing the existing base of clients within your territory.
- You will build and maintain an in-depth understanding of customers’ businesses and markets, including awareness of marketplace trends, competitors, business objectives for products and markets and translating these objectives into effective territory plans.
- You will create a Territory Business Plan and work to achieve the set goals whilst working closely with our existing Sales and Marketing teams to generate new business.
- Frequent travel to customer locations including food and beverage, pharmaceutical, dairy, life sciences, manufacturing, academia, healthcare, manufacturing, environmental and hospitality.
- Additional responsibilities include daily use Gem Scientific’s CRM to manage the assigned territory and record customer interactions. You will also be expected to meet KPI’s set by the business.
- Receive and respond rapidly to customer queries from the office
- Liaise closely with the Technical Sales Representatives where they are required to visit target customers
- Previous sales/customer service experience in technical sales
- Excellent communication (Verbal & Written) skills
- Highly motivated, driven individual with a passion to succeed
- Thrive on getting results and have a creative and innovative approach to your customers.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as on own initiative
- A natural relationship builder you communicate effectively and with ease and are confident in presenting technical and business information at all levels.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Social Media
Inside Sales Executive
We’re looking to grow our customer base. In order to do this, we have identified the need for an Inside Sales Executive who will generate a supply of qualified leads and opportunities to the business. You will be the first interaction with a potential Gem customer. Your role is to see if a company has any laboratory equipment or consumable requirements and if so, to qualify them based on budget and then arrange a call/meeting for a Territory Manager/Business Development Manager as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to pitch the range of products to customers from a variety of backgrounds in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment.
The role is offered on a full-time basis and working from our offices in Batley, West Yorkshire. We offer a competitive salary and significant career development opportunities.
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Excellent sales and account management skills
- Ability to use own initiative to identify and develop relationships with key decision makers in target organisations
- A strong team player capable of working towards individual and team targets
- Computer literate
- Telesales experience ideal but not essential
- Collaborate with the Sales Manager and the Gem team to implement the company’s sales strategy to achieve company objectives
- Execute a defined sales process while adapting to each customers situation
- Identify relevant new business opportunities
- Prospecting, cold calling, relationship building, follow up through emails, qualification of potential opportunities and nurturing long term opportunities
- Build relationships with existing customers and prospects taking on a consultative approach focusing on their needs
- Ensure open communication is maintained with all relevant stakeholders
- Compile quotes & proposals for customers, liaising with suppliers when required
- Manage sales pipeline of quotes, orders and deliveries
- Maintain accurate records of sales activity using the appropriate internal systems
- Ensure key performance indicators are met including monthly and quarterly sales targets
- Diary management for the Sales Team
- A polite and friendly manner
- Hard working, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- A positive & persistent attitude
- Excellent planning, organisation and time management skills
- The ability to multitask and prioritise workload while maintaining attention to detail
We are now looking to expand our team and require motivated professional Service Engineers to help ensure our customers receive excellence every time and we continue to grow as a business.
Company Vehicle & Fuel Card
Laptop & Mobile Phone
Service Engineer Role & Responsibilities:
- Service and calibration of weighing equipment
- Completion of calibration certificates
- Preparation of UKAS calibration worksheets
- Delivery of new/repaired equipment
- Repair of weighing equipment
- Engaging with customers in our product offering
- Promotion of Northern Balance’s services to potential customers
- Manual handling of weights and weighing equipment
- Engineering/Electrical/Electro-Mechanical Background Preferred
- UKAS Knowledge Preferred
- Excellent Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving & Diagnostic skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- IT Literate
- Full Valid UK Driving Licence
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Technical Excellence
- Customer Excellence
Based at our Yorkshire Office near Leeds, West Yorkshire