3M™ Clean-Trace™ Surface Protein (Allergen) Swabs
The 3M™ Clean-Trace™ Surface Protein (Allergen) Test Swabs monitor allergens on surfaces and in hard to reach areas, with results in 15 minutes or less. Quick detection and confirmation allow an immediate corrective action to take place. A colour change in the solution indicates the level of cleanliness by detecting as little as 3µg of allergen on surfaces and in solutions. Simply swab the chosen area, activate the test and insert the swab into a heater block for 15 minutes.
This product can be used with minimal training and is easily integrated into company HACCP programs to monitor for cleaning effectiveness. Additionally, its ease of use, reliable detection and fast, visible results can help in teaching staff the importance of cleaning.
Free 6 x 100ml Hand Sanitisers with every box.
You must have a heater block to use these swabs. The Grant QB2 Heater Block is a versatile, high quality digital dry block heating system with excellent temperature control and can be used with the 3M Clean-Trace Protein Allergen Swabs with the QB-E1 block inserts
Benefits of using 3M Clean-Trace Surface Protein (Allergen) Swabs
- Highly sensitive protein test that detects as little as 3µg of protein using Bovine Serum Albumin as a control
- Swabs can be taken from surfaces, equipment and rinse water samples to identify the presence of protein residues
- Low-cost test to perform can be incorporated as part of your initial validated cleaning programme to ensure that effective cleaning procedures for the removal of proteinous material which could be allergenic in nature have been carried out
- Saves you time and money the test allows you to quickly repeat and rectify a failed cleaning operation before incurring additional expensive outlay and time waiting for the results of Allergen-specific tests
- Visual reading of a colour change indicates the presence of detectable levels of protein if its green its clean
- The test does not have to be conducted in a laboratory
With the unique swab-click-read format, this simple method of checking for removal of protein residues after cleaning is very easy to use and implement in a busy production facility. The results are semi-quantitative and easy-to-read colour change technology has four possible colour interpretations. The faster the test turns purple and the stronger the colour change the higher the level of protein residue on a surface.