Hygiena AlerTox® Sticks – Almond Allergen Detection
Hygiena AlerTox® Sticks Almond is a rapid immunochromatographic test for the qualitative detection of almond in food, kitchens and production facilities.
AlerTox Sticks are rapid tests for allergen detection in food, drinks, and on surfaces for internal Quality Control. They are designed specifically to help manufacturers keep their items free of antigens that may cause allergic reactions. These user-friendly tests are for the detection and qualification of main food allergens without the need for lab equipment or scientific knowledge.
- LOD (limit of detection) of AlerTox Sticks Almond is 20 ppm
- 10 Tests per kit
- Quick and Reliable with results in 10 minutes
- Can be used for testing environmental surface, liquids (rinse water and product) and food samples
- Shelf life: 6-18 months
- Safe and easy to use with no special equipment required
- Convenient and quick sample collection requires minimal training
- Cost-effective – huge savings over other specific allergen test kits
They have industrial applications for allergen detection in food, food quality control, trace allergen contamination in food, liquid, and surfaces and implementation and fulfilment of HACCP, ISO 2200, BRC, and IFS compliance.
Hygiena AlerTox® Sticks – Almond Allergen Detection Datasheet
AlerTox Sticks Almond uses a combination of monoclonal antibodies against a major almond antigen, the legumin-like 11S seed storage protein prunin/amandin, known as allergen Pru du 6. AlerTox Sticks Almond does NOT detect the antigens of cereals, legumes and other nuts, including walnut, pecan, peanut, hazelnut, cashew, macadamia, Brazil nut and coconut.
PLEASE NOTE: The test shows a considerable cross-reactivity in pit extracts of the fruits of Prunus and related genuses: peach, plum and apricot. If these pits are crushed during industrial processing of fruit masses (for example, in the production of jam), the resulting material may show false positivity with AlerTox Sticks Almond.
Each AlerTox Sticks Almond kit includes all the basic equipment required to carry out testing:
- 10 immunochromatographic sticks individually packed in foil pouches
- 10 sample collection tubes (tube with yellow cap)
- 10 sample extraction buffer tubes, 10 mL (tube with blue cap)
- 10 spoons
- 10 pipettes (3 mL- only for testing liquid samples)
- 10 small pipettes
- 10 swabs (only for testing surfaces)
- Instructions for use
Other materials not supplied:
- Grinder, mortar or any other manual or automatic homogenization system to crush the sample
- Optional: digital scale sensitive to 0.1 g
AlerTox Sticks Almond has been validated for the following matrices:
|Bakery products ||Flours ||Spices |
|Bread and biscuits ||Meat and fish ||Tinned Sardine |
|Dairy ||Snacks || |
Hygiena AlerTox® Sticks – Almond Allergen Detection – Validation Report
How to use the Alertox Tests
Food Samples: Tests for Fish, Crustacean, Hazelnut, Almond, Mustard Seed, and Soy