Hygiena AlerTox® Sticks – Fish Allergen Detection
AlerTox Sticks Crustacean is an immunochromatographic rapid test for the qualitative detection of fish antigen in food, kitchens and production facilities.
AlerTox Sticks are rapid tests for allergen detection in food, drinks, and on surfaces for internal Quality Control. They are designed specifically to help manufacturers keep their items free of antigens that may cause allergic reactions. These user-friendly tests are for the detection and qualification of main food allergens without the need for lab equipment or scientific knowledge.
- LOD (limit of detection) of AlerTox Sticks Fish is 5 ppm
- 10 Tests per kit
- Quick and Reliable with results in 10 minutes
- Can be used for testing environmental surface, liquids (rinse water and product) and food samples
- Shelf life: 6-18 months
- Safe and easy to use with no special equipment required
- Convenient and quick sample collection requires minimal training
- Cost-effective – huge savings over other specific allergen test kits
They have industrial applications for allergen detection in food, food quality control, trace allergen contamination in food, liquid, and surfaces and implementation and fulfilment of HACCP, ISO 2200, BRC, and IFS compliance
AlerTox Sticks Fish uses a combination of antibodies against tropomyosin, a major protein antigen found in striated muscle of bony fishes. The test also detects a related antigen of cartilaginous fishes (sharks and sturgeons), though with a significantly lower sensitivity. The LOD (limit of detection) of AlerTox Sticks Fish is 5 ppm of dried raw cod (Gadus morhua) protein. In other fish species it may be detected only partially due to variability in the antigen content and level of homology with the cod antigen. Raw fish species that can be detected with the kit are: cod, scamp grouper, sea perch, pike, red grouper, seabass, mangrove snapper, pollock, zander, pangasius, carp, red snapper, turbot, anchovy and hake.
AlerTox Sticks Fish does NOT detect the antigens of other crustaceans such as shrimp, prawn, lobster and crab, shellfish (mollusks) and lamprey.
PLEASE NOTE: The sensitivity of the test is highly variable among species due to the variability of the homology to the cod antigen; the sensitivity also decreases with heated food (cooking), in fat-rich environments (e.g. in the presence of oil) and in canned foods or after the industrial processing of some species which have a peculiar structure of the muscular tissue (e.g. tuna or salmon).
Each AlerTox Sticks Crustacean kit includes all the basic equipment required to carry out testing:
- 10 immunochromatographic sticks individually packed in foil pouches
- 10 sample collection tubes (tube with yellow cap)
- 10 sample extraction buffer tubes, 10 mL (tube with blue cap)
- 10 spoons
- 10 pipettes (3 mL- only for testing liquid samples)
- 10 small pipettes
- 10 swabs (only for testing surfaces)
- Instructions for use
Other materials not supplied:
- Grinder, mortar or any other manual or automatic homogenization system to crush the sample
- Optional: digital scale sensitive to 0.1 g
AlerTox Sticks Fish has been validated for the following fish species:
|Anchovy ||Pangasius ||Scamp Grouper |
|Carp ||Pike ||Sea perch |
|Cod ||Pollock ||Seabass |
|Hake ||Red Grouper ||Turbot |
|Mangrove Snapper ||Red Snapper ||Zander |
Hygiena AlerTox® Sticks – Fish Allergen Detection – Validation Report
AlerTox Sticks Fish is not recommended for the following products:
- Canned tuna fish
- Tinned anchovy
- Tinned sardine
How to use the Alertox Tests
Food Samples: Tests for Fish, Crustacean, Hazelnut, Almond, Mustard Seed, and Soy