Hygiena AlerTox® Sticks – Hazelnut Allergen Detection
Hygiena AlerTox® Sticks Hazelnut is a rapid immunochromatographic test for the qualitative detection of hazelnut antigen in food, kitchens and production facilities.
AlerTox Sticks are rapid tests for allergen detection in food, drinks, and on surfaces for internal Quality Control. They are designed specifically to help manufacturers keep their items free of antigens that may cause allergic reactions. These user-friendly tests are for the detection and qualification of main food allergens without the need for lab equipment or scientific knowledge.
- LOD (limit of detection) of AlerTox Sticks Hazelnut is 20 ppm
- 10 Tests per kit
- Quick and Reliable with results in 10 minutes
- Can be used for testing environmental surface, liquids (rinse water and product) and food samples
- Shelf life: 6-18 months
- Safe and easy to use with no special equipment required
- Convenient and quick sample collection requires minimal training
- Cost-effective – huge savings over other specific allergen test kits
They have industrial applications for allergen detection in food, food quality control, trace allergen contamination in food, liquid, and surfaces and implementation and fulfilment of HACCP, ISO 2200, BRC, and IFS compliance
Hygiena AlerTox® Sticks – Hazelnut Allergen Detection Datasheet
AlerTox Sticks Hazelnut uses a combination of monoclonal antibodies against a major hazelnut antigen, the legumin-like 11S seed storage protein known as allergen Cor a 9). AlerTox Sticks Hazelnut does NOT detect the antigens of cereals, legumes and other nuts, including walnut, pecan, peanut, almond, cashew nut, macadamia nut, Brazil nut and coconut.
The LOD (limit of detection) of AlerTox Sticks Hazelnut is 20 ppm of hazelnut protein. The range of detection (ROD) is 20-10,000 ppm.
PLEASE NOTE: AlerTox Sticks Hazelnut does not detect hydrolyzed, low molecular weight fragments of the target protein and therefore it could show a false negative result with fermented hazelnut milk. The sensitivity of the test decreases in an environment rich in fats (for example, in the presence of oil or creams).
Each AlerTox Sticks Hazelnut kit includes all the basic equipment required to carry out testing:
- 10 immunochromatographic sticks individually packed in foil pouches
- 10 sample collection tubes (tube with yellow cap)
- 10 sample extraction buffer tubes, 10 mL (tube with blue cap)
- 10 spoons
- 10 pipettes (3 mL- only for testing liquid samples)
- 10 small pipettes
- 10 swabs (only for testing surfaces)
- Instructions for use
Other materials not supplied:
- Grinder, mortar or any other manual or automatic homogenization system to crush the sample
- Optional: digital scale sensitive to 0.1 g
AlerTox Sticks Hazelnut has been validated for the following matrices:
|Bakery products ||Flours ||Sauces |
|Dairy ||Nuts ||Snacks |
|Eggs ||Pasta || |
Hygiena AlerTox® Sticks – Hazelnut Allergen Detection – Validation Report
How to use the Alertox Tests
Food Samples: Tests for Fish, Crustacean, Hazelnut, Almond, Mustard Seed, and Soy