Hygiena AlerTox® Sticks – Mustard Seed Allergen Detection
AlerTox Sticks Mustard Seed is an immunochromatographic rapid test for qualitative detection of mustard antigen in food, kitchens and production facilities.
AlerTox Sticks are rapid tests for allergen detection in food, drinks, and on surfaces for internal Quality Control. They are designed specifically to help manufacturers keep their items free of antigens that may cause allergic reactions. These user-friendly tests are for the detection and qualification of main food allergens without the need for lab equipment or scientific knowledge.
- LOD (limit of detection) of AlerTox Sticks Mustard Seed is 2 ppm of raw, unprocessed mustard seeds protein
- 10 Tests per kit
- Quick and Reliable with results in 10 minutes
- Can be used for testing environmental surface, liquids (rinse water and product) and food samples
- Shelf life: 6-18 months
- Safe and easy to use with no special equipment required
- Convenient and quick sample collection requires minimal training
- Cost-effective – huge savings over other specific allergen test kits
They have industrial applications for allergen detection in food, food quality control, trace allergen contamination in food, liquid, and surfaces and implementation and fulfilment of HACCP, ISO 2200, BRC, and IFS compliance
Hygiena AlerTox® Sticks – Mustard Seed Allergen Detection Datasheet
AlerTox Sticks Mustard Seeds uses a unique combination of monoclonal antibodies against a major mustard seed antigen, the legumin-like 11S seed storage protein (cruciferin, CRU4), known as allergen Sin a 2. AlerTox Sticks Mustard Seeds detects the antigens of all mustard varieties, including wasabi. The test is non-reactive to the edible parts (leaves and roots) of other species of the cruciferous family as well as rapeseed/canola oil.
The LOD (limit of detection) of AlerTox Sticks Mustard is 2 ppm of raw, unprocessed mustard seeds protein.
PLEASE NOTE: AlerTox Sticks Mustard Seeds is highly cross-reactive with seeds of species of the cruciferous family (broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, horseradish, radish, rutabaga, turnip). The sensitivity of the test decreases with heating of the food (cooking) at temperatures exceeding 150 ºC (302 ºF) and in fat-rich environments (e.g. in presence of oil or cream), in matrices with a low pH (e.g. vinegar or citric acid), or when performing the test at temperatures below 18 ºC (64.4 ºF).
Each AlerTox Sticks Mustard Seed kit includes all the basic equipment required to carry out testing:
- 10 immunochromatographic sticks individually packed in foil pouches
- 10 sample collection tubes (tube with yellow cap)
- 10 sample extraction buffer tubes, 10 mL (tube with blue cap)
- 10 spoons
- 10 pipettes (3 mL- only for testing liquid samples)
- 10 small pipettes
- 10 swabs (only for testing surfaces)
- Instructions for use
Other materials not supplied:
- Grinder, mortar or any other manual or automatic homogenization system to crush the sample
- Optional: digital scale sensitive to 0.1 g
AlerTox Sticks Mustard Seed has been validated for the following matrices:
- Mustard seeds (yellow mustard seed, brown mustard seed, black mustard seed and oriental
- Indian Spice mix
- Spice Mix for sausages (salt, vinegar, ground pepper, paprika, cayenne peppers, ground chili, cumin, brown mustard seeds)
- Flour (Mustard flour, yellow mustard flour, ground brown mustard, cracked yellow mustard seed, cracked brown mustard seed, mixed mustard bran, yellow mustard bran, brown mustard bran)
- The test has resulted positive but with a decrease in sensitivity in the following matrixes: pure oriental mustard and ground yellow mustard
How to use the Alertox Tests
Food Samples: Tests for Fish, Crustacean, Hazelnut, Almond, Mustard Seed, and Soy