Hygiena AlerTox® Sticks – Soy Allergen Detection
AlerTox Sticks Soy is an immunochromatographic rapid test for qualitative detection of soybean antigen in food, kitchens and production facilities.
AlerTox Sticks are rapid tests for allergen detection in food, drinks, and on surfaces for internal Quality Control. They are designed specifically to help manufacturers keep their items free of antigens that may cause allergic reactions. These user-friendly tests are for the detection and qualification of main food allergens without the need for lab equipment or scientific knowledge.
- LOD (limit of detection) of AlerTox Sticks Soy is 10 ppm
- 10 Tests per kit
- Quick and Reliable with results in 10 minutes
- Can be used for testing environmental surface, liquids (rinse water and product) and food samples
- Shelf life: 6-18 months
- Safe and easy to use with no special equipment required
- Convenient and quick sample collection requires minimal training
- Cost-effective – huge savings over other specific allergen test kits
They have industrial applications for allergen detection in food, food quality control, trace allergen contamination in food, liquid, and surfaces and implementation and fulfilment of HACCP, ISO 2200, BRC, and IFS compliance
Hygiena AlerTox® Sticks – Soy Allergen Detection Datasheet
AlerTox Sticks Soy uses a combination of monoclonal antibodies against the soy trypsin inhibitor (STI). AlerTox Sticks Soy does NOT detect the antigens of related legumes including pea, white bean, chickpea, peanut, lentil and lupine, and is weakly reactive to alfalfa bean.
The LOD (limit of detection) of AlerTox Sticks Soy is 10 ppm of soy protein. The range of detection (ROD) is 10-5,000 ppm.
PLEASE NOTE: AlerTox Sticks Soy is NOT capable of detecting the residues of soybean proteins in soy sauces prepared either by natural enzymatic degradation or by chemical treatment (acid hydrolysis). However, AlerTox Sticks Soy shows positive reaction in less hydrolized soy drinks. The sensitivity of the test decreases with heating of the food (cooking) and in fat-rich environment (e.g. in presence of oil or cream).
Each AlerTox Sticks Soy kit includes all the basic equipment required to carry out testing:
- 10 immunochromatographic sticks individually packed in foil pouches
- 10 sample collection tubes (tube with yellow cap)
- 10 sample extraction buffer tubes, 10 mL (tube with blue cap)
- 10 spoons
- 10 pipettes (3 mL- only for testing liquid samples)
- 10 small pipettes
- 10 swabs (only for testing surfaces)
- Instructions for use
Other materials not supplied:
- Grinder, mortar or any other manual or automatic homogenization system to crush the sample
- Optional: digital scale sensitive to 0.1 g
AlerTox Sticks Soy has been validated for the following matrices:
|Baby formula and infant foods ||Chocolate bars ||Shakes and dairy |
|Bakery products ||Fish ||Snacks |
|Beverages ||Flours ||Soups and sauces |
|Cereals ||Meat and sausages ||Sports supplements |
Hygiena AlerTox® Sticks – Soy Allergen Detection – Validation Report
How to use the Alertox Tests
Food Samples: Tests for Fish, Crustacean, Hazelnut, Almond, Mustard Seed, and Soy