Hygiena™ MicroSnap™ E.coli Swab
Hygiena MicroSnap E.coli (EC) and Microsnap Coliform (C) deliver same-day test results, giving you the advantage of knowing microbial levels on the same day samples are collected. The tests use a novel bioluminogenic test reaction that generates light when enzymes that are characteristic of viable bacteria react with substrates to produce light. The light-generating signal is then quantified with the EnSURE™ Touch luminometer.
MicroSnap E.coli (EC) and Microsnap Coliform (C) use the same enrichment device. You will need to purchase both the Enrichment and Detection devices and a Microsnap Enrichment Broth.
- Applications: environmental and product testing
- Built-in pipette for easy sample transfer
- Snap-Valve™ technology – snap & squeeze
- MicroSnap E. coli detects Escherichia coli bacteria
- MicroSnap Coliform detects: E. coli, Klebsiella, Citrobacter, Enterobacter
MicroSnap’s efficient design makes microorganism testing easier than ever. Each device’s patented Snap-Valve™ holds a precise amount of specific enrichment broth, ready to be used for either product or surface samples. Within the enrichment device is a built-in pipette, enabling convenient and efficient transfer of the enriched sample to the detection device.
MicroSnap is a rapid bioluminogenic test method for the detection and enumeration of bacteria, giving actionable, same-day test results. The MicroSnap test platform consists of an Enrichment Device containing a specific growth medium and a Detection Device containing a bioluminogenic (light-producing) substrate. When MicroSnap detects the specific microorganism, light is emitted and measured with Hygiena’s EnSURE™ Touch luminometer. Results are stored and tracked with Hygiena’s complimentary SureTrend software for further data analysis and trending.
Enhanced Nutrient Broth
Enhanced Nutrient Broth is one enrichment media for three MicroSnap detection tests. Just add 1mL of sample to the 9mL volume and incubate! The broth volume makes Enhanced Nutrient Broth perfect for milk samples where the limit is <1 CFU/ml.
The entire MicroSnap test process is complete on the same day
- Enumeration: Sample is collected and enriched at the beginning of the shift and incubated.
- Presence/Absence: Sample is collected and enriched at the beginning of the shift and incubated.
- Custom Applications: Faster results for higher detection limits. Contact us for instructions for your specific application.