Hygiena™ MicroSnap™ Enterobacteriaceae (EB) Swab
Hygiena MicroSnap Enterobacteriaceae (EB) are rapid tests for the detection and enumeration of Enterobacteriaceae bacteria. The test uses a novel bioluminogenic test reaction that generates light when enzymes that are characteristic of EB bacteria react with specialized substrates to produce light.
The light-generating signal is then quantified in the EnSURE Touch luminometer. Depending on the required level of detection, MicroSnap EB is able to give results on the same day.
You will need to purchase both the Enrichment and Detection devices and a Microsnap Enrichment Broth.
- 6-7 hour quantitative results (CFU counts)
- 8-hour qualitative results (presence/absence)
- Broad CFU detection range (0 – 50,000 CFU) means fewer dilutions and less sample prep saving time and money
- Suitable for product or environmental samples
- Uses common microbiology sample preparation for product samples
- Same-day results allow for timely corrective action
- In-house testing reduces costs from outside lab fees
- 12-month shelf life at refrigerated temperatures (2 – 8 °C)
- MicroSnap EB detects: E. coli, Klebsiella, Citrobacter, Enterobacter, Serratia, Shigella, Salmonella, Yersinia
MicroSnap’s efficient design makes microorganism testing easier than ever. Each device’s patented Snap-Valve™ holds a precise amount of specific enrichment broth, ready to be used for either product or surface samples. Within the enrichment device is a built-in pipette, enabling convenient and efficient transfer of the enriched sample to the detection device.
MicroSnap is a rapid bioluminogenic test method for the detection and enumeration of bacteria, giving actionable, same-day test results. The MicroSnap test platform consists of an Enrichment Device containing a specific growth medium and a Detection Device containing a bioluminogenic (light-producing) substrate. When MicroSnap detects the specific microorganism, light is emitted and measured with Hygiena’s EnSURE Touch luminometer. Results are stored and tracked with Hygiena’s complimentary SureTrend software for further data analysis and trending.
Enhanced Nutrient Broth
Enhanced Nutrient Broth is one enrichment media for three MicroSnap detection tests. Just add 1mL of sample to the 9mL volume and incubate! The broth volume makes Enhanced Nutrient Broth perfect for milk samples where the limit is <1 CFU/ml.
The entire MicroSnap test process is complete on the same day
- Enumeration: Sample is collected and enriched at the beginning of the shift and incubated.
- Presence/Absence: Sample is collected and enriched at the beginning of the shift and incubated.
- Custom Applications: Faster results for higher detection limits. Contact us for instructions for your specific application.