At Gem Scientific we don’t just supply instruments, we also work with you to make sure your instruments are serviced and calibrated regularly so they are always running optimally. Servicing is carried out both on and offsite (instrument dependent) and to UKAS standard where required. The service team will always aim to provide the quickest response and turn round possible to minimise any inconvenience.
Service work includes:
- GEOTECH ‘G’ SERIES: Geotech’s ‘G’ series of portable carbon dioxide (CO2) analysers are at the forefront of CO2 monitoring. It is recommended that you send your G100, G110 or G150 in for calibration on an annual basis.
- 3M LUMINOMETERS: Keep your 3M LM1 or NG3 Clean-Trace Luminometer up to date by having it serviced annually. Used in with the 3M Clean-Trace Swabs, this unit is used across the country as part of HACCP programs to monitor hygiene.
- WEIGHING EQUIPMENT: By having your balance regularly serviced and calibrated allows you to be confident in the integrity of its readings. Balance servicing is carried out through our sister company Northern Balance who are UKAS accredited weighing specialists
- OTHER INSTRUMENTS: Our service team will coordinate with you to have your laboratory equipment services, calibrated or repaired. Examples of instruments serviced include core items such as autoclaves, incubators, ovens and water baths. Specialised instruments are also included such as auto-titrators, incubators, glass washers and gas analysers.
- CALIBRATION: To complement our instrument service options, Gem Scientific also offers a calibration service for items such as weights, thermometers, pressure meters and other equipment.
HAZARDOUS WASTE COLLECTION
At Gem Scientific we also offer collection services for waste chemicals, unwanted/out of date chemicals, microbiological waste, sharps (needles, scalpels, glass etc), and redundant or broken laboratory equipment, (incubators, ovens, water baths, fridges, freezers, autoclaves etc). Regular or one-off collections are all available.